Parents   |   Community   |   Current Students   |   Faculty & Staff  
Home / Enrollment Services / Student Financial Services /

the Office of Student Financial Services


Now that you are done with school (or maybe taking a break) and your loans are in their grace period or have entered repayment – what do you do? First off, don’t panic. Though they may seem insurmountable right now, you can repay your loans. We have compiled information to help you understand what to do next.

The first place for you to go if you have borrowed Stafford Loans is the National Student Loan Data System, better known as NSLDS. Here you can pull up the information for all your Stafford Loans and determine when your repayment will begin. You should also set up an online account with your loan servicer(s), as that allows you to receive electronic communication about your account(s).

If you determine that there is any discrepancy in your loan balance between the amount you believe you owe and what you loan servicer says you owe, please review your account with your loan servicer and contact your Financial Aid Office to determine your borrowing history. Should you be unable to resolve any discrepancies with your loan servicer directly, and have followed the instructions in the Resolving Disputes section of the Federal Student Aid website, please contact the Office of the Ombudsman at (877) 557-2575.

Information about different repayment options can be found at the Federal Student Aid website listed below. Often you are automatically placed on the Standard Repayment Plan, and that might not fit your financial needs and ability to pay. You may qualify for other repayment options, and should contact your loan servicer to determine your eligibility for alternate repayment plans and discuss which plan works best for you.

If you have borrowed private loans, you must deal directly with that particular loan servicer to determine your repayment options and grace period eligibility.

Before During After PLUS

Information is subject to change without notice based upon changes in federal regulations.