Winter 2014 Construction Project Updates
Welcome to the Capital Facilities Planning construction project update page. This page is intended to let you what projects are under construction around the college campus and let you know how that may impact our students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
The page is typically updated every two weeks and will follow the current college semester. Projects are listed alphabetically and give a short synopsis of what construction work is scheduled and what the campus can expect as far as disruptions and/or inconveniences. There are also links under each project to the projects site page for those looking for additional information.
Week of January 12th through Week of January 19th
- Contractor is completing final punch list items on the project, with the majority of the work complete.
- The contractor is now scheduling the remaining site work, which includes installation of a new lighted sign at the top of the new exterior stairs. The sign has been delayed due to manufacturing and contractor problems
- The contractor working on Exterior Rehab Project - Phase 2 (both Big Haus and Crossroads) has completed their work. All exterior room windows have been replaced. All punchlist items were completed this summer.
- The Exterior Rehab Project - Phase 3 contractor (exterior work on Farside) has completed installation of all of our new dorm room windows in Farside. They are finishing the remaining punch-list items, which includes installing a new roof over the Farside student lounge.
- All the existing roof exhaust fans for the bathrooms were replaced this summer.
- Phase 2 of the Bathroom and Interior Renovation work in Farside was completed this summer. This phase included the remaining interior bathrooms in the E-F wing, and the corridor bathroom stack in F Wing, as well as all new finishes in the E-F Wing.
- They also renovated one stack of bathrooms in Big Haus as we'll as converting the old Residence Life office into new bedrooms this summer.
- Next summer we will complete our Bathroom and Interior Renovation work in Farside, as well as begin this same type of work in Big Haus.
- The contractor is nearing completion of the new exterior face brick and windows on both side of the building.
- Interior work is moving along with more than 90% of the new plumbing, sprinkler, and mechanical infrastructure complete. Interior wall framing and new electrical lines work have also begun. Wall framing on the 3rd floor is almost complete.
- The pedestrian walkway between the Humanities building and the Student Center has been reopened. An alternate path was installed south of the Student Center (next to the bus stop) allowing for access to the bus stop and the Campus Center South parking lot.
- The project is scheduled to be completed in 2015.
- Work is complete on the newly renovated labs in the Natural Science building. The labs opened this fall semester.
- Construction work is complete with the contractor finishing commissioning and training.
- The work included removal of old mechanical equipment in the penthouse, ground floor, and basement areas.
- Phase 4 is complete. The main plaza areas are open for use.
- Contractor has replaced the stained pavers on the plaza and is addressing any remaining items on the construction punch list.
- Additional benches were recently added to Phase 3 & 4 to provide more seating options.
- Contractor continues work on Phase 1. Due to the potential impact to the Campus, this phase will have three sub-phases.
- The pathways between the Social and Natural Science buildings, and Natural Science and Dance buildings, are complete.
- They have also completed the pathway between the Visual Arts building and the Museum. Some roadwork continues in this area and is scheduled to be completed before the end of the semester.
- The pathway between the Museum and Humanities Building will be completed this Fall, due to the coordination required with the Humanities renovations.
- The pathway on the east side of Campus Center North, that leads down to the north parking area, is complete. This area has also been re-seeded. Minor punch list work remains.
- Phase 2 work; which includes the pathways between Dance and Music, the north and south entrances to the Dance building, and the main entrance into the Natural Science Bldg. This will address the accessibility issues at the front of the Natural Science Bldg.
- Work in front of the Music building is complete except for some new site furniture. Pathway work between Music and Dance also is complete.
- Work continues at the front of the Natural Science building, with the new concrete ramp and planters completed, and minor punch-list work which will be complete by the end of October.
- Work on the pathway behind the Music Building and Continuing Ed is complete. This work included new walkways, lighting, and landscaping. The walkway is now open, with new landscaping work schedule to be completed by the end of this October 2014.
- The majority of construction work has been completed. The contractor is currently working on completing items on their punch list.
- Contractor has installed our new green roofs on the north and south wings and over the Wood Shop.
- A new dust collector has been installed at the Wood Shop this summer.