Spring 2014 Construction Project Updates
Welcome to the Capital Facilities Planning construction project update page. This page is intended to let you what projects are under construction around the college campus and let you know how that may impact our students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
The page is typically updated every two weeks and will follow the current college semester. Projects are listed alphabetically and give a short synopsis of what construction work is scheduled and what the campus can expect as far as disruptions and/or inconveniences. There are also links under each project to the projects site page for those looking for additional information.
Week of April 21st through Week of April 28th
- Contractor is completing final punch list items on the project, with the majority of the work complete.
- The contractor is now scheduling the remaining site work, which includes installation of a new lighted sign at the top of the new exterior stairs. The sign has been delayed due to manufacturing problems, but should now be in before the end of May.
- The contractor working on Phase 2 (both Big Haus and Crossroads) is almost complete with their work. All exterior room windows have been replaced. They are finalizing installation of the new entrances to both Big Haus and Crossroads. All punchlist items will be completed this summer.
- The Phase 3 contractor (exterior work on Farside) has completed installation of all of our new dorm room windows in Farside. They are getting ready to complete the remaining work (which includes additional masonry repairs) this summer.
- The roofing contractor has completed their work.
- All the existing roof exhaust fans for the bathrooms will be replaced this summer
- DASNY is awarding the next phase of bathroom renovation work in Farside this summer. This phase will include the remaining interior bathrooms in the E-F wing, and the corridor bathroom stack in F Wing.
- We will also be renovating one stack of bathrooms in Big Haus as we'll as converting the old Residence Life office into new bedrooms this summer.
- Demolition and abatement work has been completed.
- The contractor is nearing completion of the exterior wall framing on the east side, including installation board and framing the new windows. The new exterior face brick and windows are both on site and will be install as soon as weather permits.
- Interior work is moving along with more than 65% of the new plumbing, sprinkler, and mechanical infrastructure complete. Interior wall framing and new electrical lines work have also begun.
- The pedestrian walkway between the Humanities building and the Student Center is temporarily closed due to construction. An alternate path has been installed south of the Student Center (next to the bus stop) allowing for access to the bus stop and the Campus Center South parking lot.
- The project is scheduled to be completed in 2015.
- Construction work is complete with the contractor finishing commissioning and training.
- The work included removal of old mechanical equipment in the penthouse, ground floor, and basement areas.
- Phase 4 is complete. The main plaza areas are open for use.
- Contractor has replaced the stained pavers on the plaza and is addressing any remaining items on the construction punch list.
- Additional benches were recently added to Phase 3 & 4 to provide more seating options.
- Contractor continues work on Phase 1. Due to the potential impact to the Campus, this phase will have three sub-phases.
- The pathways between the Social and Natural Science buildings, and Natural Science and Dance buildings, are complete.
- They have also completed the pathway between the Visual Arts building and the Museum. Some roadwork continues in this area and is scheduled to be completed before the end of the semester.
- The pathway between the Museum and Humanities Building will be completed this June, due to the coordination required with the Humanities renovations.
- The pathway on the east side of Campus Center North, that leads down to the north parking area, is complete. This area has also been re-seeded. Minor punch list work remains.
- Phase 2 work; which includes the pathways between Dance and Music, the north and south entrances to the Dance building, and the main entrance into the Natural Science Bldg. This will address the accessibility issues at the front of the Natural Science Bldg.
- Work in front of the Music building is complete except for some new site furniture. Pathway work between Music and Dance also is complete.
- Work continues at the front of the Natural Science building, with the new concrete ramp and planters expected to be completed by the end of April.
- Work on the pathway behind the Music Building and Continuing Ed started over Winter Break. This work includes new walkways, lighting, and landscaping. The walkway is now open, with new landscaping work schedule to begin in the spring. This work is scheduled to be completed in Spring 2014.
- The majority of construction work has been completed. The contractor is currently working on completing items on their punch list.
- Contractor has installed our new green roofs on the south wing and over the Wood Shop. They are finalizing the north wing to receive it's new green roof.