Fall 2013 Construction Project Updates
Welcome to the Capital Facilities Planning construction project update page. This page is intended to let you what projects are under construction around the college campus and let you know how that may impact our students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
The page is typically updated every two weeks and will follow the current college semester. Projects are listed alphabetically and give a short synopsis of what construction work is scheduled and what the campus can expect as far as disruptions and/or inconveniences. There are also links under each project to the projects site page for those looking for additional information.
Week of November 4th through Week of November 11th
- Contractor is completing final punch list items on the project, with the majority of the work complete.
- A new built-in bench along the concrete retaining wall at the plaza level and new site furniture is expected to be completed by mid-November.
- The contractor working on Phase 2 (both Big Haus and Crossroads) is almost complete with their work. All exterior room windows have been replaced. They are finalizing installation of the new entrances to both Big Haus and Crossroads.
- The Phase 3 contractor (exterior work on Farside) has completed installation of all of our new dorm room windows in Farside. They have some remaining work which will be coordinated with Residence Life before they stop for the season. The remaining work (which includes additional masonry repairs) will be completed next summer.
- The roofing contractor has completed the majority of their work. They have some minor non-disruptive punch list work to complete over the next few weeks.
- We have completed the first phase of our interior upgrading project which will take place over the next several summers. The first phase included new interior bathroom upgrades on eight bathrooms in the Farside dorm (E-F section).
- Demolition and abatement work has been completed on the interior of the Humanities building. Some exterior abatement work will continue on the east side of the building over the next month.
- The pedestrian walkway between the Humanities building and the Student Center is temporarily closed due to construction. An alternate path has been installed south of the Student Center (next to the bus stop) allowing for access to the bus stop and the Campus Center South parking lot.
- The project is scheduled to be completed in 2015.
- Construction work is complete with the contractor finishing commissioning and training.
- The new south doors have been installed.
- The work included removal of old mechanical equipment in the penthouse, ground floor, and basement areas.
- Contractor is completing the remaining items on the punch list.
- Labs are open and being used.
- Contractor is finalizing the project close-out documents.
- Phase 4 is complete. The main plaza areas are open for use.
- Contractor has replaced the stained pavers on the plaza and is addressing any remaining items on the construction punch list.
- Additional benches were recently added to Phase 3 & 4 to provide more seating options.
- Contractor continues work on Phase 1. Due to the potential impact to the Campus, this phase will have three sub-phases.
- The pathways between the Social and Natural Science buildings, and Natural Science and Dance buildings, are complete.
- They have also just recently completed the pathway between the Visual Arts building and the Museum. Some roadwork continues in this area and is scheduled to be completed before the end of the year.
- The pathway on the east side of Campus Center North, that leads down to the north parking area, is complete. This area has also been re-seeded. Minor punch list work remains.
- Phase 2 work; which includes the pathways between Dance and Music, the north and south entrances to the Dance building, and the main entrance into the Natural Science Bldg. This will address the accessibility issues at the front of the Natural Science Bldg.
- Work in front of the Music building is complete except for some new site furniture. Pathway work between Music and Dance is complete. Work has also started at the front of the Natural Science building. This work is scheduled to be completed by the end of the year.
- The pathway behind the Music Building and Continuing Ed will be started mid-November with a scheduled completion in mid-February.
- UPD has moved into their new spaces.
- The majority of construction work has been completed. The contractor is currently working on completing items on their punch list.
- Contractor has installed our new green roofs on the south wing and over the Wood Shop. They are finalizing the north wing to receive it's new green roof.
- Over the summer, the contractor installed the remaining sections of new glass windows in the studios and classrooms.
- The contractor will finish the remaining items and complete the project punch list items over the next few months.