The Research & Science Visions Preparation (RSVP) program assists students in pursuit of baccalaureate degrees and graduate study in the area of science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Funding for this program, from the National Science Foundation, allows Purchase College to collaborate with the Community Colleges of Dutchess, Rockland, Orange, Westchester, and Sullivan Counties in offering full-time matriculated students scholarships, and the opportunity to participate in a paid five-week summer research program each year.
Scholarships are provided for Purchase College students and students transferring from collaborating community colleges into the Research & Science Visions Preparation program (RSVP) at Purchase College. A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is required to be eligible.
RSVP students are invited to participate in a paid five-week summer research program each year.
Student Eligibility Requirements
• Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents
• Applicants must fulltime matriculated students
• Freshman applicants must have a high school average of 80 or greater
• Second-year students must have a minimum G.P.A. of 2.8 and a letter of recommendation from a faculty member
• Applicants must submit a written essay expressing their interest in the biomedical field
Degree Programs Offered at Purchase College
• Biology (BA/BS)
• Biochemistry (BA)
• Chemistry (BA)
• Environmental Studies (BA)
• Mathematics and Computer Science (BA)
Professor Karen Singer-Freeman
Associate Director of Baccalaureate and Beyond Programs
School of Natural & Social Sciences