School Of Natural & Social Sciences
The Chemistry BA Program
| Academic Requirements
| Student Learning Outcomes
| Minor in Chemistry
| Premedical StudiesRelated information: Biochemistry
Chemistry Subject SitesPolymers
- 100% Solids Polyurethane Coatings Technology Forum - includes articles, information, and a message board.
- Conference on Surface and Colloid Science - took place July 1997 in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Industrial Applications of Polymer Science - Leeds University
- Macrogalleria, The - an extremely comprehensive tutorial of polymer chemistry.
- Plastics Museum, The - plastic materials and moulding machines, yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
- Polymer Chemistry Hypertext - An educational resource created by students at the University of Missouri- Rolla.
- Polymer Science - polymer education programs and career opportunities.
- Polymers and Liquid Crystals - Information about the structure and applications of polymers, liquid crystals, polymer liquid crystals and polymer dispersed liquid crystals.
- Web Directory: Poly-Links
- Usenet - sci.polymers
- Bogazici University (Turkey) - Polymer Research Center - conducts experimental and theoretical research for understanding and improving the properties of polymeric materials.
- Boston University - Center for Polymer Studies - scientific visualization research center developing experimental and computational materials for high school science education. Includes lesson ideas.
- Bristol University - Polymers at Interfaces Group - Terry Cosgrove's group investigates a wide variety of Polymer and Colloid systems.
- Case Western Reserve University - Macromolecular Science
- Delft University of Technology - Polymer Technology
- Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Materials Research - works actively on research and development in the fields of near net shape production technologies and bonding technology and polymers.
- Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Polymer Research, Teltow
- Geopolymer Institute - Geosynthesis of inorganic molecules, geopolymer chemistry, high-performance ceramics, fireproof composites, ceramic tooling, high-performance concrete, waste encapsulation, global warming.
- Industrial Chemistry, Norwegian University for Technology and Science (NUTS) - World fomous for John Ugelstad and his making of the monodisperse spheres.
- Instituto de Ciencia y Tecnologia de Polimeros
- IRC in Polymer Science and Technology (Durham, UK)
- Leeds University - Polymer Physics
- Makromolekulare Chemie Marburg
- Mayes Group - Massachusetts Institute of Technology - polymer physics research.
- Mississippi Polymer Institute
- North Dakota State University - offers BS, MS, and PhD degrees in Chemistry and Polymers & Coatings.
- Politecnico di Torino - radiation curable systems; structure-property relationships; surface properties; adhesion and interface interactions; model networks and structural characterization.
- Polymer Engineering Laboratory; Michigan State University - conducts research and specializes inpolymer synthesis and characterization, radical and cationic photopolymerizations, fabrication of composites and molecular modeling among other things
- Sydney University Polymer Centre
- University of Akron - College of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering - Oldest and Largest Polymer program in the United States.
- University of Bristol - Polymers and Colloids Research - Brian Vincent's Research group has a wide variety of interests in Polymers and Colloids. These pages contain information on current projects.
- University of Chicago - Materials Center - Surface Nanostructure via diblock copolymer thin films; conducting-insulating diblock films for electron- tunneling arrays. Strong optical nonlinearity via conjugated polymer films.
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst - Polymer Science and Engineering - includes the Silvio O. Conte National Center for Polymer Research.
- University of South Florida - Center for Molecular Design and Recognition - develops and investigates novel synthetic methods and applications especially as they relate to the construction of branched polymeric and dendritic materials.
- University of Southern Mississippi - Polymer Science
- Web Directory: Polymer Science Internet Directory - resource for students exploring polymer-related Ph.D. programs in universities across the U.S. and Canada.
- 13-C Chemical Shift Calculation - contains several online programs for calculating 13-C chemical shifts of some aromatic compounds.
- Dieter's Spectroscopy Page
- Italian Home Page on Mass Spectrometry - It is a WWW page devoted to mass spectrometry in Italy, but open over the world.
- John Koropchak's Research Group - Research focuses on the utilization or modification of aerosols for anayltical purposes. Current projects include using thermospray, atomic emission spectrometry and light scattering detectors for detectors of various separation techinques.
- Mass spectrometry for analysis of biological samples - MALDI mass spectrometry, ESMS, Peptide Synthesis
- MIT Division of Toxicology Mass Spectrometry Lab
- MSLINKS - Schedules of meetings, reference literataure and articles, employment opportunities, equipment wanted/for sale, and links to other related sites.
- Murray's Mass Spectrometry Links - Links to mass spectrometry resources.
- NMR Information Server - microbiology and cell science.
- Photochemistry and Semiconductors - gas phase photochemistry, chemical kinetics, and raman spectroscopy on semiconductors.
- SNOM Group - latest research topics in scanning near-field optical microscopy and spectroscopy at the ETH-Zürich.
- Spectroscopy Magazine - promotes the effective use of spectroscopic instrumentation as a problem-solving tool in research, quality control, environmental monitoring, and the life sciences.
- TORVS Research Team - techniques for organic reactions, visualization, and spectroscopy.
- Web Directory: ETHZ/ PSI - Ion Beam Physics: Hotlist
- ZEKE Photoelectron Spectroscopy - very high resolution spectroscopy with photoelectrons.
- FAQ - Mass Spectrometry Internet Resources
- Cavity Ring-down Spectroscopy at the National Inst. of Standards and Technology - measures gas-phase reaction rate coefficients, probes solids, liquids, and thin films.
- Femtosecond Research Centre - for the study of ultrafast phenomena in physics, chemistry and biology.
- Griffith University - Molecular Dynamics Laboratory
- Institute of Isotopic and Molecular Technology - an academic site in a research institute for physics, oriented to academic education and communication, as well as the efficient use of it.
- Liège University - Mass Spectrometry Laboratory - Research Laboratory
- Microscopic and Chemical Analysis Research Center - Ohio State University - info on instruments/capabilities, personnel, classes, clients, labs, news and financial support.
- New Mexico State University - Spectroscopy Program
- North Carolina State University - Mass Spectrometry Facility
- RMIT Mass Spectrometry Facility
- Southern Illinois University - Mass Spectrometry
- The Saykally Group: Laser Spectroscopic Research at Berkeley - Laser spectroscopy of gas-phase clusters, water, carbon, DNA bases, metal clusters. Molecular astrophysics, theoretical and computational chemistry.
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (Brasil) Thomson Mass Spectrometry Laboratory
- University of California Santa Cruz
- University of Florence - European Laboratory for Non-Linear
- University of Geneva - Electron Paramagnetic Spectroscopy - Physical Chemistry of Paramagnetic Species. epr, esr
- University of Maryland School of Medicine - Center for Fluorescence Spectroscopy (CFS) - provides state-of-the-art time-domain and frequency-domain fluorescence instrumentation for use in studies of the structure, function, and dynamics of biological macromolecules.
- University of Notre Dame - Mass Spectrometry Laboratories
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Sydney - Vibrational Spectrosopy
- Winefordner Group