The Chemistry BA Program
| Academic Requirements
| Student Learning Outcomes
| Minor in Chemistry
| Premedical StudiesRelated information: Biochemistry
Chemistry Organization LinksCompanies
- Alfa Aesar - chemicals and materials for research and production.
- APL Microscopic - specializes in photography with the electron microscope for the pharmaceutical advertising industry.
- Applied Analytical Industries, Inc. (AAI) - contract research organization for the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
- Applied Chemical Laboratory
- Applied Separations - offering supercritical fluid (SCF) processing, R&D and instrumentaion.
- Aspen Systems, Inc - provides high technology R&D for federal, state, industrial and commercial clients. Expertise includes aerogels, refrigeration, insualtion, environmental remediation and polymers.
- AutoFEA Engineering Technology, Inc. - finite element analysis software and consulting.
- Biosupplies Australia - Biosupplies specialises in providing reagents for detection, characterisation, and quantification of polysaccharides and proteoglycans from plant cell surfaces and secretions.
- Boron Biologicals, Inc. - focused on the design, synthesis and commercial use of boronated organic compounds. Supplier of compounds used for Boron Neutron Capture Therapy (BNCT).
- Caliper Technologies Corp. - develops and commercializes new automated tools for biochemical analysis that offer the functional equivalent of a chemistry laboratory on a microchip.
- Capital HPLC - detailed descriptions of the company's range of innovative columns and accessories for HPLC. An on-line catalogue and ordering system is provided.
- Cardwell Medical, Inc - providing equipment sales and service, and laboratory consumables for hematoloty and chemistry analyzers.
- Chemical Biological Information Analysis Center (CBIAC) - fate and effects, demilitarization, treaty verification, medical effects, toxicology, NBC survivability, technology transfer
- Chemical Sources International, Inc. - Includes: 7400 Companies, Spanning 120 Countries, Over 100,000 CAS Registry Numbers, 200,000 Chemical Names and 15,000 Trade Names. Available in Hard-Bound, CDROM, On-Line.
- Chilworth Technology, Inc - an independent firm of scientists and engineers providing services in the specialist area of Process Safety throughout the chemical and processing industries.
- Combi-Blocks Ltd. Liability Co. - manufacturer and supplier of bulk fine organic chemicals, active natural products, polymer-supported scavengers/reagents, combinatorial building blocks, and laboratory glassware.
- Diablo Analytical - provides analytical chemistry research and development services to industry.
- Electrosynthesis Company, Inc. - Electrochemical reseach and development, equipment, consulting and education.
- Element Analysis Corporation - offering PIXE, PIGE, FNAA for fast non-destructive elemental analysis.
- Exorga Inc. - consultants in organic chemistry and molecular modeling.
- Fitzsimmons and Associates - chemical analytical laboratory providing services to industries for material ID (polymers, adhesives, contaminants, etc.) and problem solving for their quality control.
- Fluid Dynamics - a commercial rheology testing laboratory, serving the world-wide chemical process industry.
- Global FIA - world wide supplier of FIA and SIA equipment and components.
- Hitex - offers custom industrial extraction and fractionation with supercritical carbon dioxide.
- JBL Scientific - manufacturer of high-purity organic chemicals for the clinical chemistry, research, and pharmaceutical markets.
- Oread Laboratories - dedicated to providing comprehensive services to drug development, chemical, biotech, and related industries.
- Oxy-Gon - Makers of vacuum , inert gas, and gas purifcation furnaces
- Peptides International, Inc. - specialty chemical company that is known as a world-wide leading supplier of peptide-related products and services.
- Pharmacology and Toxicology Research Laboratory (PTRL) - full-service laboratories and consulting offices offering research, technical and consultation services.
- Phasex Corporation - supercritical fluid toll processing and R&D. SCF extraction, deposition, purification, and particle size modification.
- PIXE Analytical Laboratories - Offering Elemental Analysis of solids, liquids or thin film samples using PIXE.
- Princeton Gamma-Tech - SEM/EDS X-ray microanalysis, image analysis for electron and light microscopy, gamma-ray detectors and systems.
- Quadrex Corporation - features fused silica and stainless steel capillary columns we also sell a full line of accessories.
- Quantex Laboratories - providing analytical, research and consulting services, including environmental chemistry.
- Randox Laboratories - manufacturer of clinical chemistry, environmental diagnostic kits and quality control sera.
- Recombinant BioCatalysis, Inc - dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of biocatalysts for use in chemical synthesis and industrial processes.
- REOCS - analytical and educational services for electron microscopy.
- Research Organics - chemical manufacturer specializing in buffers.
- Scitec - international company designs and develops robotic systems for labs, and serves as testing facility for environmental, food, pharmaceutical, and clinical analysis.
- Sigma-Aldrich Corporation - chemical and biochemical products for laboratory research use.
- Surface Science Laboratories - SSL provides analytical services for failure analysis, QA/QC and materials characterization for high-tech industries. Techniques used include surface, organic and imaging analysis.
- Surmodics, Inc. - manufactures and markets surface modifications for medical, diagnostic and industrial products.
- TranTech Consultants, Inc. - leader in the provision of information technology for the chemical process industries.
- Trikonex AB
- TriLink BioTechnologies, Inc. - specialty oligonucleotide and nucleoside synthesis service.
- Woodson-Tenent Laboratories, Inc. - a multi-discipline independent laboratory staffed with over 200 highly-skilled professionals. We serve the agriculture, food, feed, and pet food industry internationally with accurate and precise analytical chemistry.
Societies, Clubs & Associations
- African Oil Chemists' Society - AFOCS is an international organization for the promotion of art, science and technology of oils, fats, proteins, surfactants, detergents, biochemicals, petrochemicals in 53 African countries.
- American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists - technical and scientific society devoted to the advancement of textile chemistry.
- American Chemical Society - Division of Organic Chemistry
- American Oil Chemists' Society - international forum for fats, oils, proteins surfactants and detergents.
- Analytical Laboratory Managers Association - for managers of analytical laboratories in industry, government, and academia.
- AOAC International - focuses on chemical and microbiological analysis in areas of food, drugs, agriculture, environment, forensics.
- Association of Finnish Chemical Societies
- Association of Chemical Consultants and Chemical Engineers (ACC&CE) - offers list of chemical consultants in various fields of chemistry, metallurgy, and related fields.
- Chemical Heritage Foundation - Instills pride in and strengthens public understanding of the chemical and life sciences and technologies.
- ChemWeb - offers a library of leading periodicals, books and databases, a shopping mall, a job exchange, meeting rooms and discussion groups
- Chinese-American Chemical Society (CACS)
- CITA (Cellule Interfacultaire de Technology Assessment) - Specialised in the following research domains: Technology Assessment, Information Highways, EDI, Computerised Health Cards, InterOrganisational Systems
- Electrochemical Society, The - concerned with a broad range of phenomena relating to electrochemical and solid state science and technology.
- Gesellschaft Deutscher Chemiker
- Gesellschaft Deutscher Chemiker (unofficial) - German Chemical Society.
- International Association for the Properties of Water and Steam (IAPWS) - international organization concerned with the thermophysical properties of water and steam, particularly those properties of high-temperature steam, water, and aqueous systems that are relevant to thermal power cycles and other industrial applications.
- International Association of Colloid and Interface Scientists - voluntary, non-profit organization of individuals who are actively interested in the field of colloid and interface science.
- International Chemistry Society - useful services and links for the chemistry community.
- International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry
- Japan Society for Analytical Chemistry
- KAIN Laboratories & Software - Come and find some interesting data and software about chemistry.
- Korean Chemical Society
- Molecular Diversity Preservation International - chemical samples registration, collection and exchange.
- National Mole Day Foundation - a fun organization for chemistry students of all levels in honor of Avogadro's number.
- New Zealand Institute of Chemistry (NZIC) - national professional organisation for those interested in chemistry and its related disclipines.
- North American Catalysis Society - contains newsletters, officers, local clubs and societies, and meetings.
- Oxygen Club of California - topics of interest include free radicals in biological systems, in chemistry and in medicine.
- Portland Industrial Chemists Association - PICA offers unique opportunities for chemists to network, tour facilities, and enjoy the company of other professionals.
- Rice University - Chemistry Graduate Student Association (CGSA)
- Royal Australian Chemical Institute (RACI) Victorian Branch - professional and learned society serving the needs of chemists and the community in Australia.
- Royal Australian Chemical Institute - Polymer Division - details of organisation, meetings, prizes, publications and other activities.
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Salt Institute - non-profit association of salt producers founded in 1914. Information about salt and it's 14,000 known uses.
- Sanderson High School Chemistry Club
- Sociedade Brasileira de Quimica - Brazilian chemical society.
- Society of Chemical Industry
- St. Louis Chromatography Group
- Stanford Chemistry Club
- SUNY Geneseo Chemistry Club
- Svenska Kemistsamfundet - Swedish Chemical Society. seeking to promote the development of chemistry and its applications.