The Chemistry BA Program | Academic Requirements & Concentrations | Student Learning Outcomes | Minor in Chemistry | Courses | Faculty | Facilities | Internships | Research | Alumni | Chemistry Links | Premedical Studies
Related information: Biochemistry
- 15th North American Catalysis Society Meeting - to be held May 18-23, 1997 at the Sheraton Hotel, Chicago, IL.
- 36th IUPAC Congress - organized by the New Swiss Chemical Society. Geneva, Switzerland. August 17 - 22, 1997. (end:9/15/96)
- 50th Ohio State University International Symposium on Molecular Spectroscopy
- 7th International Symposium on Chemically Modified Surfaces - invited lecturers: George Whitesides/Harvard, Jean-Pierre Aime/CMPOH, Norio Tsubokawa/Niigata. June 24-26, 1998; Northwestern University.
- Academia Sinica - syposium December 8-12, 1996.
- ChemAnalysis Conference - 19-20 November 1998, in Brussels, Belgium.
- Chemical Weapons Convention
- Conference on Surface and Colloid Science - took place July 1997 in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- EPF 96 - 6th European Polymer Federation Symposium on Polymeric Materials.
- Fifth International Symposium on Hydrothermal Reactions (ISHR '97) - July 20-24, 1997. Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Fill out our online form for more information.
- International Symposium on Chiral Discrimination 1999 - July 25-28, 1999; Chicago, Illinois.
- International Symposium on Supercritical Fluid Chromatography and Extraction - from July 12-16, 1998 in St. Louis, MO.
- MASSA 96-2nd MS-PHARMADAY - annual meeting of the Division of Mass Spectrometry of the Italian Chemical Society. It will cover all the aspects of mass spectrometry.
- Pittcon - the Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Spectroscopy. From March 7-12, 1999.
- Polysaccharide Biotechnology Meeting 1997
- Radiochemistry and Radioanalytical Chemistry Conference - American Nuclear Society sponsored international conference which is fourth in series dealing with radiochemical methods, radioanalytical methods in all fields of science.
- Salt 2000: 8th World Salt Symposium - information about the scientific symposium, technical exhibition, and public exhibition; will be held in The Netherlands Congress Centre in The Hague, The Netherlands; May 7-11, 2000.
- Southeastern Regional Lipid Conference - lipid metabolism and lipids in signal transduction
- Tenth International Conference on Flow Injection Analysis (ICFIA 99) - all novel theoretical and practical aspects of FIA, SIA, and related techniques. June 20-25, 1999; Prague, Czech Republic.
- XIIth FECHEM Conference on Organometallic Chemistry - Prague, August 31 - September 5, 1997.
- XIXth International Conference on Photochemistry - August 1-6, 1999; Duke University; Durham, North Carolina.
Nobel Prize in Chemistry
- Cambridge Scientific
- Chem-It - freeware program for the novice chemistry student. The current version includes an interactive periodic table, conversion charts, and much more.
- Chemistry Higher Education Workgroup - CHEW: develops computer-based learning materials for use in teaching and learning chemistry. Download Chemland, a suite of free interactive chemistry education modules.
- Chemware - download chemistry shareware for high school students and teachers.
- CrystalDesigner - a tool for building, studying and visualising all kinds of inorganic crystal structures on the Macintosh platform.
- DISCUS - a command language driven program for simulation of disordered materials and diffuse scattering in solid state physics and chemistry.
- EQS4WIN - calculates chemical equilibrium compositions for a broad range of systems, based on the algorithms of Smith and Missen.
- Huckel Calculator
- Hypothesis Software - 3D-QSAR software designed to run on the PC. Correlates structure to binding activity for up to 400 molecules
- Kinetics Simulation Project and Software - developed by chemists at IBM's Almaden Research Center. provides the bench scientist with an easy-to-use, rapid, interactive method for the accurate simulation of chemical reactions.
- Molscript - a program for creating molecular graphics in the form of PostScript plot files
- PovChem - Combines chemistry and raytracing to create high quality graphics of molecular models.
- PTViz - Macintosh program for illustrating the organizing principles for the periodic table. Select elements, graph properties, and print tables.
- TheRate: THEoretical RATEs - software project which implements a GUI written in Java with an underlying scientific code to calculate thermal rate constants from first principles.
- Tulane University WWW Chemistry Pages - includes software, the A^ Research Group and links to chemistry sites.