The Arts Management BA Program | Academic Requirements | Student Learning Outcomes | Minor in Arts Management | Courses | Faculty
The Arts Management BA Program: Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of how arts and culture inform the quality of life, including exposure to the place the arts occupied historically in society and the policy issues faced in current society.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the philosophical and economic basis for creating and funding arts in our society, including an understanding of the multiple methods of government support and societal funding of the arts currently in evidence throughout the world.
- Students will demonstrate a basic understanding of the existing business models of the arts sectors, as well as a basic understanding of the financial underpinnings and concepts of these models.
- Students will demonstrate a grasp of basic organizational/institutional structure, dynamics, management skills, and best practices.
- Students will establish basic skill sets for future graduate study, entry-level arts management employment, and/or entrepreneurial project generation.
- Students will express a deep commitment to the creative process and the art of collaboration.
Please direct updates for this page to the managing editor in the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs.