The Arts Management BA Program | Academic Requirements
Minor in Arts Management | Courses | Faculty
The Arts Management BA Program: Academic Requirements
In addition to meeting general degree requirements, all arts management majors must meet the following requirements (42 credits).
Freshman and Sophomore Years (14 credits):
- AMG 1100/Introduction to Arts Management: 4 credits
AMG 2085/Arts and Entertainment in Economics or
AMG 2200/Finance for the Arts: 4 credits
- Two courses in performing or visual arts history: 6 credits
Junior and Senior Years (28 credits):
- AMG 3100/Fundraising and Development in the Arts: 4 credits
- AMG 3170/Arts and Entertainment Law: 4 credits
- AMG 3520/Marketing the Arts: 4 credits
- AMG 3980/Arts Management Internship: 4 credits
- AMG —/Arts management elective: 4 credits
- AMG 4880/Senior Seminar in Arts Management: 2 credits
- AMG 4992/Senior Project: 6 credits
- Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher in AMG 1100, AMG 2085 or 2200, and AMG 3520. In addition, students must earn a grade of C or higher in all courses required for the major, excluding the internship and senior project. Students who do not meet these standards must repeat the course(s) or complete acceptable substitutes (for example, AMG 2085 instead of AMG 2200), chosen in consultation with the program faculty.
- AMG 1100 is a prerequisite for upper-level arts management courses.
- Students are strongly encouraged to take additional courses in the performing and visual arts and in arts management, beyond those required for the major.
Updated March 12, 2013
Please direct updates for this page to the managing editor in the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs. Because internal and external links may change or expire from time to time, please report any changed or broken links to the managing editor as well. For curricular revisions, please refer to the Faculty Handbook.