The Arts Management BA Program | Academic Requirements | Student Learning Outcomes | Minor in Arts Management | Courses | Faculty
The Arts Management BA Program: Academic Requirements
In addition to meeting general degree requirements, all arts management majors must meet the following requirements (41–42 credits).
Freshman and Sophomore Years (14 credits):
- AMG 1100/Introduction to Arts Management: 4 credits
ECO 2085/Arts and Entertainment in Economics or
AMG 2200/Finance for the Arts: 4 credits
- Two courses in performing or visual arts history: 6 credits
Junior and Senior Years (28 credits):
- AMG 3100/Fundraising and Development in the Arts: 4 credits
- AMG 3170/Arts and Entertainment Law: 4 credits
- AMG 3520/Marketing the Arts: 4 credits
- AMG 3995/Arts Management Internship: 4 credits
- AMG —/Arts management elective: 3–4 credits
- SPJ 4990/Senior Project I: 4 credits
- SPJ 4991/Senior Project II: 4 credits
- Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher in AMG 1100, ECO 2085 or AMG 2200, and AMG 3520. In addition, students must earn a grade of C or higher in all courses required for the major, excluding the internship and senior project. Students who do not meet these standards must repeat the course(s) or complete acceptable substitutes (for example, ECO 2085 instead of AMG 2200), chosen in consultation with the program faculty.
- AMG 1100 is a prerequisite for upper-level arts management courses.
- Students are strongly encouraged to take additional courses in the performing and visual arts and in arts management, beyond those required for the major.
Updates to the 2013–15 College Catalog:
Effective Fall 2014:
- The formerly crosslisted AMG 2085/Arts and Entertainment in Economics is now offered only under the originating discipline’s prefix, ECO.
- The course number for Arts Management Internship (formerly AMG 3980) is now AMG 3995.
- AMG 4880/Senior Seminar in Arts Management (2 credits) is discontinued.
- The senior project (formerly AMG 4992, two semesters, 6 credits total) is now SPJ 4990/Senior Project I and SPJ 4991/Senior Project II, 4 credits each.
Effective Fall 2013:
- The arts management elective may be 3 or 4 credits (under Junior–Senior Years, #5; formerly listed as 4 credits). This changes the credit total for the major from 42 credits to 41–42 credits.
Updated March 27, 2014
Please direct updates for this page to the managing editor in the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs. For curricular revisions, please refer to the Faculty Handbook.