The Latin American Studies BA Program | Academic Requirements | Student Learning Outcomes | Minor in Latin American Studies | Courses | Faculty
The Latin American Studies BA Program: Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Latin American studies BA program should:
- Demonstrate knowledge of Latin American history, geography, cultural traditions and innovations, political structures, and social issues.
- Demonstrate awareness of Latin America’s diversity and its role in global processes.
- Be able to communicate this knowledge effectively in at least two languages.
- Have developed their knowledge by building skills in various modes of inquiry: critical thinking; analysis; cross-cultural inquiry; aesthetic appreciation; experiential learning; language immersion; and interpretation of texts, objects, and events.
- Have synthesized their service-learning or study-abroad experiences with knowledge gained from their coursework in order to produce an original work, the senior project.
Please direct updates for this page to the managing editor in the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs.