Carrie Eastman, M.A., MLIS
Information Services/Interlibrary Loan Librarian
Carrie Eastman heads up the Interlibrary Loan Office in the Library, working to meet the information material needs of Purchase students, faculty and staff. The Interlibrary Loan Office obtains articles, books, DVDs, microfilm and microfiche documents, videos, and CDs from all over the United States, free of charge to the Purchase community. Carrie also serves as the Purchase representative to a New York State resource sharing project called the IDS (Information Delivery Service) Project. This project works to improve all aspects of resource sharing services between the project’s libraries. And she serves as a mentor, helping to bring new libraries into the project. Ms. Eastman also serves as a part of the Purchase Library Reference and Instruction Teams, and is the liaison for the Economics, Philosophy and Sociology Departments.
Master of Library and Information Science. 2006. Simmons College.
Master of Arts in English. 2002. University of Rhode Island.
Bachelor of Arts in English. 1995. University of Connecticut.
December 2006-Present Information Services/Interlibrary Loan Librarian. Purchase College Library-SUNY, Purchase, NY.
June 2004-November 2006 Serials Specialist. Wheelock College Library, Boston, MA.
March-June 2004 Circulation/Computer Lab Assistant. Wheelock College Library, Boston , MA.
· Member of the American Library Association, 2004-Present
· Member of the Association of College and Research Libraries, 2005-Present
· Member of the Association of College and Research Libraries/NY, 2007-Present
· Member of the Association of College and Research Libraries/NY Executive Board, 2008-Present
· Member of the Association of College and Research Libraries/NY Symposium Committee, 2008-Present
· Member of Beta Phi Mu Honor Society, 2007-Present
· Member of IDS Conference 2007 Planning Committee, April 2007-August 2007
· Member of IDS Mentoring Program, April 2007-Present
· Purchase College Library SUNYLA Representative, 2007-Present
· Member of SUNYLA, 2007-Present
· Purchase College:
Member of Library Access Group, Reference and Instruction Group, Communications Working Group, Reference/Instruction Librarian Search Committee (Dec ember 2007-May 2008), Chair of Art Librarian Search Committee (December 2007-August 2008) Library Representative, voting member, of Purchase College Senate, 2007-Present
Eastman, C. (2005) “Here Today; Here Tomorrow?: Journal Archiving in the Electronic Environment.” Serials Review 31(4). 317-319.
Eastman, C. (2006) “Best Practices in User Instruction for Academic Libraries.” Current Studies in Librarianship 27(1/2). 29-41