Math Fluency and Foreign Language Placement Guidelines
Certain courses require a prerequisite of math fluency, which may be fulfilled by any one of the following:
- passing the math fluency exam conducted at the college
- a passing grade in college-level precalculus and/or calculus
- an Advanced Placement score of 3 or higher on the AP Calculus exam
Students must fulfill this requirement before enrolling in any course with a math fluency prerequisite.
- Math fluency should not be confused with the general education/core curriculum requirement of mathematics, which all students must fulfill.
- College algebra does not fulfill math fluency, whether or not it fulfills the general education math requirement at another SUNY campus.
Foreign Language Placement
All students are required to complete a foreign language placement exam before enrolling in any language course.
Updated Nov. 10, 2015
| << Core curriculum home
Please direct updates for this page to the managing editor in the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs.