Courses That Fulfill Core Curriculum Requirements
Approved undergraduate courses in each core curriculum category are offered in a variety of disciplines and levels. To find courses that fulfill a particular core curriculum requirement, students can:
- search the course schedule each semester, including winter session and summer session, at my.purchase.edu
- refer to Undergraduate Credit Courses for current or upcoming courses offered by School of Liberal Studies & Continuing Education in the winter and summer sessions
- consult their faculty advisor, the chair or director of their school or conservatory, the Advising Center, or the registrar
- refer to SUNY’s General Education Requirement
Approved Course Listing, by Campus, which includes Purchase core curriculum courses that satisfy SUNY general education requirements.
- An independent study or tutorial cannot be used to fulfill a core curriculum requirement.
- A grade of D is acceptable in a course used to fulfill a core curriculum requirement.
- A course used to fulfill a core curriculum requirement cannot be taken on a pass/no credit (P/NC) basis.
For additional questions on courses that fulfill core curriculum requirements, call or email:
- Noreen Mante
Senior Transfer Credit and Degree Audit Advisor
Updated Jan. 31, 2013
<< Core curriculum home
Please direct updates for this page to the managing editor in the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs. Because internal and external links may change or expire from time to time, please report any changed or broken links to the managing editor as well.