MFA in Visual Arts: Student Learning Outcomes
- To gain in–depth knowledge and competence in one or more areas of specialization (i.e., sculpture, painting)
- To broaden the students knowledge about other areas of specialization within the art field
- The ability to conduct research into various associated fields as necessary for creation of art works
- To gain a theoretical, historical, and cultural understanding of contemporary art
- The ability to write clearly about art works and theoretical issues related to art works
- To gain an understanding of pedagogical approaches to teaching art
Please direct updates for this page to the managing editor in the Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs.