Admission to the Conservatory of Dance is highly competitive and is based on the preparation and demonstrated ability of each student. Detailed instructions are available on the Admissions site.
How to Apply
1. Complete the appropriate application with all required materials and fees. You must apply online using the SUNY Application at www.suny.edu/Student/apply. The Common Application is not available for Dance applicants.
2. Attend a dance audition. Only candidates living outside the continental United States may send a class audition DVD or YouTube links rather than auditioning in person.
3. Visit the Conservatory (optional)
BFA: Criteria for Acceptance
- Talent and potential as a performer
- Prior training in concert dance; the ability to demonstrate a knowledge of modern and/or classical ballet techniques
- Good physical proportions in a healthy body that is injury-free
For more information about auditions for the BFA program, including the audition schedule, please refer to BFA Auditions.