How do I become a member?
To be eligible for induction into the Society as a member, you first must be formally invited by your college or you must complete a nomination form and have it approved by the appropriate university official on campus.
After submitting your application, you will be eligible for induction after attending an Orientation Meeting, three or more Speaker Broadcasts, three or more Success Networking Team meetings, and a three hour Leadership Training Day.
What is this going to cost me?
The Society requires a one-time Membership Due of $85.
Where does my $85 go?
Dues are a part of every honor society. They support your program and provide benefits to your chapter on both a local and national level. This is a partial list of what your Society dues are used for:
• Local chapter induction ceremony, invitations, and other chapter activities
• National scholarships and awards
• Member registration
• Member items (training certificate, t-shirt, membership pin, etc.)
• Personal coaching for you as a member
• Development of the members’ web site
• Online bandwidth for full streaming videos in the members area
• Materials and staff time to train your chapter advisor and student board
• Staff to answer your questions by phone and email
• Administrative personnel to prepare your training certificates and manage member details
• Weekly Motivational Mondays audio recording
• Monthly newsletter
• Success Talks: exclusive additional content from the national broadcasts
• Partner Benefits
• Online Job Bank administration and development
• Online Success Collection
• Funding chapter functionality
For the purpose of comparison:
• Other honorary organizations have annual dues. The National Society of Leadership and Success has only a one-time fee.
• Other honorary organizations charge for items that show your affiliation with their group. The Society gives these items, such as a T-shirt and car decal, to you as part of your one-time dues payment.
Who is able to join?
Purchase College students who have demonstrated dedication to personal development and self discovery who are eager to further develop their skills, strengthen their potential as individuals, and to become part of a powerful force on campus which makes lasting positive changes in the Purchase community.
Is this a Fraternity?
This is not a Fraternity. Greek symbols are common amongst all honor societies and ours are not to be confused with Fraternity identities. Alpha Sigma Pi stands for
Ó = Success
Á = Action
Ð = Purpose
which signifies that
“Success comes from continual action towards your purpose.”
What if I can’t make the events?
Before any semester begins pending members will be given a complete calendar of the upcoming events to give ample time to plan ahead. In the case that a pending member cannot attend an event it will not compromise inducted membership. Students are not required to fulfill the membership requirements within one semester and may pace themselves accordingly to their needs.