The Project Focus Partnership Program's objective is to establish a mentoring connection between the youth and our specially trained college student volunteers through civic/leadershi skills, academic support and college readiness workshops. The outcome is for the youth to set goals and identify means to reach them. By doing so, they will construct individual and collective avenues to better opportunities.
Our office has established connections with local K-12 institutions, not-for-profit organizations and via two education grants- one federal and the other state.
Partnership Listing: Past and Present
- Yonkers Partners in Educaation (YPIE): weekly lunchtime college readiness workshops
- TRIO Upward Boung Program: weekly academic tutoring, monthly campus-based academic enrichment program and summer residential program
- Liberty Partnerships Great Potential Program: weekly academic tutoring and college readiness workshops and monthly campus-based enrichment programs
- New York GEAR UP via Yonkers Public Schools District: monthly campus-based college readiness workshops
- Westcheser Family Services Big Brother/Big Sister Partnership with JFK Magnet Elementary: weekly mentoring workshops
- Don Bosco Community Center: weekly academic support workshops
- Port Chester Carver Center: weekly leadership series
- Port Chester/Rye Brook Public Library: weekly arts + crafts activities